The primary function of this position is to lead warehouse activities and represented workforce to accomplish cost, schedule, and quality objectives for warehousing area. Facilitate the timeliness, accuracy and quality of materials handled in fulfilling customer orders and in inventory. Drive employees and leadership comply with defined core process and defined processes that are program specific. The function requires the coordination and cooperation with the Order Management, Corporate Sourcing and Inventory Planning, Project/Program/Account Management and Transportation Departments to ensure that work meets customers’ needs and is delivered on time.
As a team lead this role will be responsible for tasks that are deemed outside of the normal shipment process while also focusing on the quality of the shipping process ensuring accuracy of all shipments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and perform quality control of assigned warehouse processes; receiving, picking, and/or shipping
- Perform inventory adjustment processes; cycle counting RMA, non-conforming, order posting, etc.
- Perform assigned warehouse data management processes; material transfers, order maintenance, Oracle tracking update, routing, etc.
- Coordinate and expedite flow of materials, parts, and manage inventory
- Tracking accuracy, creating reports, resolving discrepancies,
- Communicating status to warehouse, operations, project management and customer
- Examine material to verify conformance to specifications
- Compiles and maintains manual or computerized records such as material inventory, in process production reports, and status and location of materials
- Move or transports materials from one department to another
- Monitors and controls movement of material and parts
- Identifies and implements changes to improve quality, schedule and cost
- Maintain good document of time and production records
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
- Provide training on required skills to warehouse team members
- Provides a safe work environment and takes timely corrective action to correct unsafe conditions
- Reinforces a culture that values and embraces teamwork and diversity
- Assist supervisor in keeping training records
- Coordinate department activities and special projects to ensure quality and meet timetables
- Lead and schedule resources to meet department productivity and quality goals
- Addresses all quality finding and takes timely corrective action to correct the findings and prevent any recurrence
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Lift up to 50 lbs
- Push utility carts up to 60 lbs
- Stand, walk, push, pull, squat, bend, and reach during shift
- Use carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other equipment to move items around
- Go up and down stairs
- Will be exposed to an environment with variable temperatures
- Be trained to and operate forklifts for up to 6 hours a day