Looking for Field Technicians to join our team in Albuquerque!
Proficiency needed primary skills of customer relations, basic electricity, basic electronics, basic telephony, all RBS technologies (LTE, 5G) , and basic principles of digital transmission, fiber optic cleaning, scoping, data communication, telephony terminology, industry standards for basic Installation. (RF/fiber color code, lacing, cable management, follow Quality standards via RBS Installation Checklist). Able to follow detailed method of procedures depending on customer (MOP, RFDS, Customer Drawings) Ability to make RJ45 and COAX connectors Ability to terminate power connections People skills to take lead on site and keep site pace on track Inventory of all job-related material. Demonstrates proper use of tools. Performs all physical and mechanical installation activities. Performs power and grounding installation on equipment and small power plants, per the installation methods. Conducts work assignments, communicates, dresses and assists customer in a professional manner. Reads and stays current on installation documentation. Reads and interprets engineering specs, prints, and drawings. Demonstrate a high competence in the use of personal computers and various software applications (email, excel, etc). Maintain job records and administration tracking of assigned sites. Ensures shipment accuracy of job-related material completes equipment and trash removal from site Manage closing requirements for assigned sites. (legible pictures, COP’s accurate, complete and submitted on time at end of shift). Must be able to use Site access information (Lats ,Longs, special key requirements or arrangements needed, assessing environmental hazards (wildlife, mountain top, awareness of Red sites, gang, or homeless activities)
Vocational Skills and procedural knowledge, typically gained through a combination of education and relevant experience with a minimum of 2 years post-high school or equivalent.
• Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in stressful and demanding work environment.
• Ability to exercise flexibility and resourcefulness (with assistance from others) in challenging and/or perplexing situations.
• Confirmation of travel requirement - 100% for Technicians but flexible to travel outside of market for weeks at a time if required (e.g. disaster recovery, new product roll-out, etc).
• Must be able to work outside of normal business hours (ie: shift work), to include maintenance window and weekends if needed. 24/7 On Call required.
• Ability to identify all colors associated with telecommunications cable and equipment indicator lights. • Basic computer skills. • A valid driver’s license and the ability to drive long distances on and off road. A CDL classification may be required for some vehicles.
• Will need to transport equipment, therefore, vehicle with appropriate carrying capacity will be needed.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to climb ladders and steep staircases.
• Ability to work in remote and challenging locations including, but not limited to: rooftops, vaults, and all types of geographic locations.
• The dexterity to connect and disconnect various sizes and types of electronic connectors.
• Good oral and written communications skills.
• Familiarity with field operations specific trouble ticket and network database systems (EAMS, PAG , EU etc.)
• Previous experience working wireless networking system. • Telecom Installation Fundamentals and LTE Commissioning certifications preferred
• Travel required. Will be required to perform EESI