- Lead various types of installation projects
- Familiar with TP76300 /76400 / GR1275 and IP72202 installation standards.
- Lacing, stitching, sewing cables
· Install Frame and rack builds
· Terminate secondary DC power, rectifiers, PDU's, BDFB's and associated infrastructure used in telecommunications networks includes Pdu’s, bdfb’s, bdcbb’s, inverters, converters, raycaps, etc
· RJ-45 termination
· Read and interpret detailed specifications and drawings/ blueprints/schematic reading, and method of procedures (MOP’s)
· Run multiple cable types. Coaxial, power, fiber, and network transmission; use a variety of specific connectors and terminating procedures
· Install ironwork (ladder rack) cable paths. Horizontal and vertical pathways for fiber optic cable management systems. Create a physical cable path for equipment and cable design.
· Clean and scope fiber connectors. Document light levels and other readings with job specific testing equipment (OTDR) for example.
- Have experience with major carriers like AT&T, Verizon, CenturyLink, Sprint, SBC, T-Mobile
- Have experience installing major OEM equipment like Ciena (5430/6500), Juniper (MX480/960/2020), Cisco (NCS2000/4000/ ASR9010), Calix C7, GPON, Flash wave 9500’s, Coriant 7300, ASR
- Requires strong technical knowledge of current Network products with minimal training performed and recorded on Safety, Business Code of Conduct, Quality assurance and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD)
- Formal “Basic Installation” training course is required (or equivalent on the job training)
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and documentation
- Demonstrated knowledge of the phases of product installation
- Familiar with AT&T TP-76300 /76400 / Telcordia GR1275 and Verizon IP72202 installation standards.
- Experience with major carriers like AT&T, Verizon, CenturyLink, Sprint, SBC, T-Mobile, etc.
- Experience installing major OEM equipment like Ciena (5430/6500), Juniper (MX480/960/2020), Cisco (NCS2000/4000/ ASR9010), Calix C7, GPON, Fujitsu Flashwave 9500, Coriant hiT 7300, Cisco ASR, etc.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good customer facing skills
- Proficient using various computer equipment such as laptops, tablets, etc. as well as knowledgeable with various software platforms
- Ability to adapt to changing environments
- Must be willing and available to travel away from home for several weeks at a time (up to 75%)
- Shift work required on demand
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to work outdoors, on ladders, and in confined spaces
- Ability to work with/around electrical wires and/or ESD products
- Ability to work remotely at construction or installation sites
- Ability to stoop, kneel, bend, squat, climb, lift, pull and push
Education and Experience Required:
- Electronics training equivalent to 2 years of technical trade school or military school and 6 years of field service, or equivalent as determined by Installation Manager
- Typically, a minimum of 3 years of experience as a Level III Installer
- Central Office / CO Installer Experience
- Proficiency in the system (Network Elements 1, 2, 3, or 4) being worked on
- Successful completion of the skill test